The 9th Annual AFOA-PotashCorp Aboriginal Youth Financial Management Awards are open to Aboriginal youth in grades 11 and 12 across Canada.
3 Winners will be selected to travel to Winnipeg, MB for 4 days to attend the AFOA Canada National Conference on February 17-19, 2015 and to participate in a special Youth program designed to introduce them to careers in Aboriginal finance and management.
In addition, winners are eligible to receive:
A 5 year scholarship package valued at over $5000
- Aboriginal Ancestry (Proof of First Nation, Inuit or Métis status)
- Pursuing post-secondary education and demonstrates an interest and is considering a career in the areas of finance and/or management/commerce (including financial management/planning, business administration, commerce, accounting and economics)
- Completed Application Form and submit an essay
- 2 letters of recommendation from a teacher, guidance counsellor or educator, attesting to the student’s performance and commitment
- Academically successful
- Students in Grades 11 and/or 12 may apply (maximum age 19)
How to Apply:
There are 3 ways to submit your application form and letters of recommendation.
AFOA Canada Youth Awards Program
Suite 301-1066 Somerset St. West
Ottawa, ON K1Y 4T3
DEADLINE IS DECEMBER 1, 2014 at 9PM EST
For more details on this award and the application process, please read the Fact sheet, visit the AFOA website, call 1-866-722-2362 or email ac.aofa@sdrawahtuoy.